New England Patriots’ David Andrews (60) picks up Tom Brady (12) after the Patriots scored a touchdown during the second half of the NFL Super Bowl VII against the Los Angeles Rams Sunday in Atlanta. (AP Photo/Jeff Roberson) The New England Patriots broke one record and tied another by beating the Los Angeles Rams 13-3, to win the lowest-scoring Super Bowl in history, and match the Pittsburgh Steelers as the NFL’s only six-time Lombardi Trophy winners. The matchup shattered the record of lowest-scoring Super Bowl to date: Super Bowl VII, when Miami Dolphins beat Washington Redskins by a score of 14–7 in January 1973. New England rookie running back Sony Michel scored on a 2-yard run with roughly 7 minutes remaining to give the Patriots a 10-3 lead over the Rams. Kicker Stephen Gostkowski later added a field goal late in the fourth quarter to close out the scoring. The first Super Bowl without a touchdown through three quarters was in dire need of a boost when quarterback Tom Brady completed four consecutive passes to set up Michel’s touchdown plunge. The drive opened with an 18-yard catch by Rob Gronkowski, who added a 29-yard diving catch at the 2. The… Read full this story
- Stan Kroenke riles Arsenal supporters as he praises LA Rams’ ‘great fans’ after Super Bowl win in new £4BILLION stadium
- Prince Harry pictured in LA Rams locker room holding Super Bowl trophy after watching game with Eugenie
- LA Rams joyous victory parade sees Super Bowl stars smoke cigars and hit the booze as Tom Brady warns ‘mix in the water’
- Ranking the NFL's best teams of the 21st century: 18-1 Patriots top list despite Super Bowl loss
- Remembering Tony Siragusa after death of Super Bowl winner at 55, plus Patriots bringing back red jerseys
- Ranji Trophy Final, Day 4 Highlights: Rajat Patidar hits ton; Madhya Pradesh on the cusp of historic win
- All-time NFL tight end rankings: How Patriots, Buccaneers great Rob Gronkowski stacks up after retiring
- Rams coach Sean McVay to be honored by alma mater Miami (Ohio) with statue in 'Cradle of Coaches'
- Jameis Winston winning Comeback Player of the Year among three futures picks to make during NFL dead period
- Ranking NFL's top 10 cornerbacks of 2022: Jalen Ramsey remains king, Trevon Diggs explodes onto list
Patriots win 6th Lombardi Trophy, topping Rams 13-3 in lowest-scoring Super Bowl ever have 368 words, post on www.foxnews.com at February 3, 2019. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.