PM could break Brexit deadlock by testing support in Commons for customs union: Starmer BelfastTelegraph.co.uk Shadow Brexit secretary Sir Keir Starmer has called on Prime Minister Theresa May to hold a Commons vote on a permanent customs union to help break the current impasse. https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/brexit/pm-could-break-brexit-deadlock-by-testing-support-in-commons-for-customs-union-starmer-37778637.html https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/incoming/article37779552.ece/4f21d/AUTOCROP/h342/S-_571_-_Read-Only_.jpg Email Shadow Brexit secretary Sir Keir Starmer has called on Prime Minister Theresa May to hold a Commons vote on a permanent customs union to help break the current impasse. Speaking ahead of a visit to Belfast today, the Labour MP accused the Government of pursuing a negotiating strategy designed to keep the Conservative Party from splitting. Sir Keir said that if the Prime Minister was serious about building consensus in Parliament she would start by testing the support of MPs for a permanent customs union with the EU. He said it would be an important first step in negotiating an agreement with the EU that protects jobs and the economy, and guarantees no return of a hard border in Northern Ireland. He will meet political, business and trade union leaders on his visit here today. He said: “The Brexit negotiations are once again in a state of paralysis. “Rather than trying to negotiate… Read full this story
- Sea sense, Barnier! Boris Johnson urges the EU to drop demands on fishing after the latest bid to break Brexit deadlock fell flat
- Boris Johnson delivers his five-point plan to Brussels in a bid to break the Brexit deadlock
- Boris Johnson’s crunch Brexit bill PASSES first Commons hurdle despite Tory backlash
- Brexit deadlock: EU members asked to think over No 10 fishing offer
- Can Boris get this Brexit deal through Parliament? Boost as Keir Starmer says Labour WILL back agreement when it comes to a vote on 30 December
- 'Glad tidings of great joy': Boris Johnson presents his Brexit gift to Britain in Christmas video message as Tory Brexiteers AND Labour look set to back agreement in Parliament vote next week
- Keir Starmer is warned shadow ministers will RESIGN and defy three-line whip to back Brexit deal in Labour revolt
- Brexit deal DONE and Boris Johnson to address nation at 3pm
- Brexit: Boris Johnson to address nation this morning as UK stands on brink of historic deal – as fish fight goes to wire
- SIMON WALTERS: Holy mackerel... is fishing a reason to scupper a Brexit trade deal?
PM could break Brexit deadlock by testing support in Commons for customs union: Starmer have 406 words, post on www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk at February 3, 2019. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.