SPRINGFIELD — The Springfield Redevelopment Authority on Monday showed off a new, technologically equipped conference center at Union Station as the agency works to lease out unused space in the historic building.“This will serve to make it more attractive,” said Christopher J. Moskal, executive director of the SRA.Fitted out with contemporary office furniture and a 93-inch video display, the 950-square-foot room can hold as many as 50 people for meetings and presentations. It’s on the second floor of Union Station in space that once held railroad offices. The windows overlook the front entrance.It’ll be available for free to station business tenants and to community groups. It will be the venue for meetings of the North End C-3 community policing initiative involving law enforcement and neighborhood residents.’It’s been a long ride’: Union Station busy with rushed, stressed and fast-moving Thanksgiving travelers“What we wanted to do is to make sure that we opened this up for the community,” Springfield Mayor Domenic J. Sarno said.The room is available to businesses that are not located in the station for $75 per half day. Information regarding reserving the room is available by contacting Ginny Averett-Kuhn, property manager for Union Station, at 413-471-3397.Built in 1926 but… Read full this story
- 19 of Grimsby's oldest buildings whose future MUST be saved
- Plymouth local election: Where is my nearest polling station?
- Ofsted stance on hijab risks heightening threat of physical attacks on Muslims in schools, teaching union says
- Teacher unions threaten national strike action ballot over pay
- Children with special needs lose out as schools reach 'breaking point' over funding cuts, says teachers' union
- Many school buildings in poor condition, teachers warn
- London Bridge Station named the city's best new building
- Academy trusts struggle to manage ‘serious’ threat of asbestos in schools, unions say
- Apple to Tout Digital Health, AR Features at Software Conference
- Trump hails face-to-face talks with Putin 'a good start' ahead of joint press conference at key US-Russia summit
Springfield Union Station touts community conference room as part of building remains unrented have 322 words, post on www.masslive.com at February 4, 2019. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.