Pakistan on Friday heavily shelled areas along the Line of Control in Jammu and Kashmir’s Rajouri and Poonch districts leaving a woman injured, the eighth consecutive day that it has violated the ceasefire. Officials said Pakistan troops used heavy guns including Howitzer 105 mm to target civilian areas in Poonch. “Pakistani troops resorted to firing and mortar shelling along the LoC in Krishnagati sector and it ended around 0130 hour,” an official said. The firing and mortar shelling continued overnight in several sectors of Poonch and Rajouri districts, the official said adding the Indian Army retaliated strongly and effectively. A woman identified as Naseem Akhtar was injured in the firing in Mankote area of Poonch, officials said.”About 1615 hours (04.15 pm) on Friday, Pakistan initiated unprovoked ceasefire violation by shelling with mortars and firing of small arms along LoC in Nowshera sector,” the defence public relations officer said. On Thursday, a woman was killed and a jawan was injured when Pakistani Army heavily shelled civilian areas and forward posts in six sectors along the LoC in Jammu and Kashmir’s Poonch and Rajouri districts, drawing retaliation from the Indian Army. The Pakistan Army has violated the ceasefire for over 60 times… Read full this story
- Deadly Israeli shelling hits UN school as Hamas mulls truce
- Nine dead, 10 injured in wake of Typhoon Kalmaegi
- 8 people killed and 5 injured by typhoon 'Kalmaegi'
- 5 dead, 6 injured due to serious flooding in northern Vietnamese province
- Mystery woman of the Chu Dau ceramics
- At least 22 dead, 27 injured in northern flooding
- Storm kills nine, injures 200 more
- Heavy rains & cyclone blow away roofs of houses in Ha Tinh
- Typhoon Doksuri wreaks havoc in central areas
- Deaths in shelling of Gaza market, school enrage UN
Heavy shelling by Pak in areas along LoC, woman injured have 277 words, post on www.rediff.com at March 1, 2019. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.