News 47 // 12 Jun 2019, 23:20 IST SHARE David Warner dazzled with the bat before Australia rode their luck in a gripping match to beat Pakistan at Taunton.The opener made a fine 107 from 111 balls to help Australia lay the platform for a 41-run victory, which meant a sparkling 5-30 performance from Pakistan paceman Mohammad Amir went unrewarded.Warner’s dismissal came in the early stages of an Australian collapse, as they slumped from 189-1 to 307 all out, and Pakistan also displayed a self-destructive streak in the Somerset gloom.A middle-order collapse saw Pakistan 160-6, but their tail showed plenty of gumption. They had Australia worried until Mitchell Starc took two wickets in three balls and Glenn Maxwell ran out Sarfraz Ahmed to kill the contest, Pakistan all out for 266.Australia captain Aaron Finch was dropped on 26 by Asif Ali off Wahab Riaz, and by going on to reach 82 he made Pakistan pay. Finch was eventually caught off Amir, aiming to hoist over midwicket but instead thrashing the ball high into the off side, with Mohammad Hafeez taking the catch.Steve Smith and Maxwell went cheaply before Warner perished, mistiming an intended blow straight down the ground to… Read full this story
- Anderson still waiting to join 600 club as Buttler drop aids Pakistan
- The Ashes: Australia v England - day five as it happened
- Where did it all go wrong for Pakistan's bowlers?
- Does BBL face player drain? Larger Australia squads could stretch resources
- Steve Smith will be the biggest challenge for Indian bowlers during Test series in Australia: RP Singh - Exclusive
- IPL 2020: Steve Smith, David Warner, Ben Stokes, Jofra Archer among top Australia and England cricketers to miss start of tournament
- Aaron Finch: T20 World Cup schedule change won't rip up Australia's plans
- Zak Crawley's huge double-century lifts England and floors Pakistan
- FAQs: How Australia's limited-overs tour to England will happen
- IPL 2020: David Warner, Steve Smith, Pat Cummins Set To Miss Start Of Tournament
Australia cling on to beat Pakistan after Warner century have 314 words, post on www.sportskeeda.com at June 12, 2019. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.