News 13 // 27 Jun 2019, 01:54 IST SHARE Skipper Sarfraz Ahmed hailed centurion Babar Azam and Haris Sohail for producing “some of the finest batting I’ve ever seen” as they kept Pakistan’s Cricket World Cup hopes alive by securing a six-wicket win over New Zealand.Needing victory on Wednesday to maintain any realistic hopes of qualifying for the semi-finals, Sarfraz’s side delivered the goods to spark scenes of jubilation within an Edgbaston crowd made up almost entirely of Pakistan supporters.After Shaheen Afridi (3-28) had played a key role in limiting the Black Caps to 237-6 on a tricky surface, the 1992 world champions were wobbling on 110-3 but eventually won comfortably thanks to Babar’s sublime 101 not out and 68 from Sohail.”Whenever a Pakistan team plays the way we do today it is down to a great team effort,” said Sarfraz in the post-match presentation. ”All the bowlers bowled really well and Babar and Haris was some of the finest batting I’ve ever seen.”Two-forty is not an easy target. Credit goes to Babar, the way he batted today, for me I think he played one of the best innings I’ve ever seen. Credit goes to Haris too for the way he handled the pressure…. Read full this story
- Munster set-up best I’ve seen, says Larkham
- Aces high: Ranking the postseason's best starting pitchers
- Philander's defensive technique was wonderful, says Ashwin
- Winning end tops off best finish since 2013
- Warren Gatland Q&A: Why I've left out Tipuric for Fiji clash
- 7 ways I’ve learned to assert myself as a young woman at work
- What Are You Afraid Of? Take a Chill Pill and Become a Fearless Public Speaker!
- Effective Ways To Stop Smoking
- Kurkjian's October tales: Attention, passengers. There is a home run orbiting the earth
- First comes the NLDS, then comes ... a baby? Inside Daniel Hudson's life-altering weekend
Babar's innings one of the best I've seen, says Sarfraz have 306 words, post on www.sportskeeda.com at June 27, 2019. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.