The Historic Sports Car Club (HSCC) will see a record field of up to 50 Formula 3 cars from the 1970s and early 1980s for a pair of races at the Silverstone Classic this year. Cars from the HSCC’s Classic Formula 3 Championship will be joined by similar cars from the French series to form a fantastic grid at the event, taking place between July 26-28th. With 48 cars already entered, HSCC is expecting a grid of at least 50. Notable among the entries will be American racer, Joe Colasacco, in a rare Martini. The HSCC Classic Formula 3 Championship is open to F3 cars built and raced from 1971 to 1983 and features many cars racing in original period liveries. These are the cars of drivers like Derek Warwick, Nigel Mansell, Martin Brundle, Nelson Piquet and Elio de Angelis. The 2019 season marks the 25th anniversary of the first HSCC race series for 2-litre Formula 3 cars. The F3 cars last raced at the Silverstone Classic in 2014, where there were 35 cars on the grid. Andy Dee-Crowne, chief executive of the HSCC said: “”We’’ve been staggered with the response to the Classic F3 races at the Silverstone Classic…. Read full this story
- Taylor Swift's "Never Ever" breaks music chart record
- Formula One driver Maldonado dominates test pace
- Duc Tuan “attacks” semi-classic music
- Race record tipped as Sydney to Hobart fleet depart
- Australian classical pianist to perform in HCM City
- China fines formula firms $108 mn for price-fixing
- Record-breaking French comedy set to sink "Titanic"
- Talk about classical music with pianist Bich Tra
- When will Vietnam have a "market" for classical music?
- Toyota Classics 2015 in details
HSCC see record Formula 3 entries at Silverstone Classic have 272 words, post on www.historicracingtechnology.com at June 6, 2019. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.