A 75-year-old Louisiana woman who founded an African American history museum was discovered dead in the trunk of a car, and police said Saturday that investigators were working diligently to find those responsible. Baton Rouge police Sgt. L’Jean McKneely said investigators were still waiting for a coroner to determine a cause of death for Sadie Roberts-Joseph after her body was found Friday afternoon. The Advocate reported Roberts-Joseph was the founder and curator of the Baton Rouge African American Museum, which she started in 2001. The museum sits on the campus of New St. Luke Baptist Church, where Roberts-Joseph’s brother is pastor. “Ms. Sadie was a tireless advocate of peace,” the Baton Rouge Police Department posted on its Facebook page, adding: “Our detectives are working diligently to bring the person or persons responsible for this heinous act to justice.” Top News: Tropical Storm Barry Captured from Space Christina Koch/NASA Roberts-Joseph also organized an annual Juneteenth festival at the museum, marking the date June 19, 1865, when Union soldiers delivered belated news to Texas that President Abraham Lincoln had signed the Emancipation Proclamation, declaring all Southern slaves free. The document had been finalized more than two years earlier. The museum features African… Read full this story
- Controversial US Bible Museum admits 5 Dead Sea Scroll fragments are fake
- Why did this legendary car vanish for 30 years?
- A New Museum Opens Old Wounds in Germany
- Who was Jim Jones? Jonestown massacre cult leader and founder of the Peoples Temple
- ‘My aneurysm could burst at any time... I could be walking down the street or in bed and the next thing I could be dead’
- Far-Right Terrorism: Deadly Attack Exposes Lapses in German Security Apparatus
- A haunting photographic record of African rituals
- Meat allergy caused by tick bites turns comforts of home into a deadly terrain
- Naked girl, 2, found locked in a filthy car boot where her ‘mum kept her for TWO YEARS to hide secret birth from her husband’
- Naked starving girl 'locked in car boot for two years after mum's secret birth'
African American Museum Founder Discovered Dead in Car Trunk have 334 words, post on www.necn.com at July 14, 2019. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.