Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump spent most of last week at his Bedminster golf club, where he sometimes retreats from the public eye. When he left Washington for New Jersey, we thought there was a chance it would be a quiet week in presidential dishonesty. Naturally, he made 84 false claims. That was his highest total in the six weeks we’ve been counting at CNN. (The one-week record for his presidency, which came just before the 2018 midterms, was 240 false claims, according to our previous count at the Toronto Star.) He had made a relatively paltry 21 false claims the week before last. In fairness to Bedminster, most of the 84 false claims last week came when the President was elsewhere. He made 27 at a campaign rally in New Hampshire and 26 in a Pennsylvania speech that was officially about energy but ended up being about assorted other things Trump felt like talking about. Trump added 15 false claims in exchanges with reporters, six in two interviews with New Hampshire media and 10 on Twitter. Read More The most egregious false claim: Google and the election As Politico’s Tim Alberta documented in his book “American Carnage,” Trump’s infamous false… Read full this story
- Gov. Ron DeSantis’ Delicate 2024 Dance With Donald Trump
- Kyle Rittenhouse Reportedly Visited Former President Donald Trump At Mar-A-Lago
- Anna Soubry lashes out at Donald Trump in furious rant – ‘All from the Trump playbook!’
- Donald Trump ridiculed for falsely claiming Michael Cohen, Mueller filing "totally clears the president"
- The conservative Donald Trump and Russia conspiracy theory that doesn't add up
- 15 Claims From Donald Trump’s Speech to Conservatives, Fact Checked
- Donald Trump calls Liz Cheney "threat to free and fair elections"
- Ten 'crimes' that could land Donald Trump in jail as cases mount against President
- Donald Trump's fight to hide his tax records took a big hit this week. What other legal battles will the ex-president face?
- Trump falsely claims Democrats see MS-13 as "potential voters" and want members to "infest our country"
Donald Trump made 84 false claims last week have 327 words, post on edition.cnn.com at August 21, 2019. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.