In a letter to the editor of The New York Times, the chief executive of the American Jewish Committee, David Harris, and the executive director of the Hellenic American Leadership Council, Endy Zemenides responded to an op-ed earlier in the week titled “The Adults Are Back in Charge of Greece. And They Are Really Right-Wing” and written by Matthaios Tsimitakis, a journalist who worked in the press office of former prime minister Alexis Tsipras under the previous SYRIZA administration. In their letter, the writers take issue with Tsimitakis’ accusation that the recently elected New Democracy administration “far from being a moderate, liberal force, seems to be a right-wing party with pronounced authoritarian tendencies,” responding that “Kyriakos Mitsotakis, the right-of-center Greek prime minister in office for four weeks after decisively winning a national election, deserves the opportunity to govern before being judged,” and accusing Tsimitakis of denying the prime minister that opportunity. They also dismiss the journalist’s accusation of nepotism as “disingenuous,” reminding that Mitsotakis’ nephew, Kostas Bakoyannis, was elected mayor of Athens a month before the general elections brought ND to power. They also take issue with Tsimitakis’ barbs against Agriculture Minister Makis Voridis, stressing that Voridis has twice apologized… Read full this story
- China Fires Back at 'Delusional' U.S. After 'Nuclear Madness' Op-ed
- Piers Morgan Tells Republicans To ‘Whack’ ‘Mob Boss’ Trump In Op-Ed
- Roseanne Barr Tweets Support for Right-Wing Trump Conspiracy Theory
- DC Leaders Knew About The Threat Of Right-Wing Violence Ahead Of The Capitol Riot. But They Were More Worried About Trump.
- Don't blame me! Republican senator Josh Hawley who led bid to overturn election says he is NOT responsible for violence - despite clinched-fist salute to MAGA mob before it trashed Capitol
- 'Furor' at New York Times after union backtracks on '1619 Project' column criticism
- Dems on FCC take issue with claims the digital divide is narrowing
- Biden pick for Dept. of Justice's top civil rights post has called for partially defunding police
- Congress crafts police reform legislation in response to police violence
- Boris's lockdown D-Day: PM will decide Monday whether to plunge ALL of England back into full lockdown – potentially for MONTHS – after Keir Starmer demanded tougher restrictions to stop 'out of control' mutant Covid virus
Response issued to NYT op-ed criticizing PM of being right-wing have 365 words, post on www.ekathimerini.com at August 9, 2019. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.