Coastal Regulation Zone (CRZ) violations came into prominence in Kerala after the Supreme Court ordered to demolish four apartment complexes in Maradu municipality, bordering Kochi Corporation, recently. The court had directed the state government, in no uncertain terms, to pull down the buildings that violated CRZ rules. At present, four water-front apartments are facing demolition threat. They are: 18-storey Holy Faith H2O, 16-storey Alpha Serene, 16-storey Golden Kayaloram and 16-storey Jains Coral Cove. The cacophony around the demolition, however, has submerged the other 61 major CRZ violations by private companies and individuals. These violations were unearthed by the Kerala Coastal Zone Management Authority (KCZMA), the agency to implement CRZ norms. The list was prepared by the agency to answer a question raised in the Lok Sabha. Onmanorama has accessed the list. According to it, 60 private companies and five individuals have violated the CRZ rules in seven coastal districts. With 24 violations, Ernakulam topped the list. It was followed by Thiruvananthapuram (14), Kannur (7), Kollam (6), Kozhikode (4), Alappuzha (3) and Kasaragod (2). Apart from the four buildings in Maradu, the list contains the name of Holiday Heritage, which is yet to be constructed. The KCZMA had found violations committed… Read full this story
- Kerala govt begins evicting Maradu flats residents
- ‘Coastal zone plan, maps left out natural areas from MMR’
- PM approves $921m infrastructure investment for economic, industrial zones
- Kerala: 65-year-old woman mauled by 50 stray dogs, another injured
- Google Maps offers first satnav directions for driving in North Korea
- Why we must salute Kerala's fishermen!
- FCRA violations: Mary Kom’s NGO under the scanner
- Operational incentive for coastal shipping enhanced
- Hero I-League 2019-20: Neroca pip Gokulam Kerala to come out of relegation zone
- I-League: Neroca beat Gokulam 3-2 to come out of relegation zone
In maps: 65 major Coastal Regulation Zone violations in Kerala have 293 words, post on english.manoramaonline.com at September 23, 2019. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.