But fans in the queue outside Apple’s store on 5th Avenue, New York, were in for a surprise, as one brave phone case company put the iPhone 11 to the ultimate test.
Mous, which is known for its protective cases, threw a brand new iPhone 11 to one surprised passer-by, who didn’t see it coming, leading to the £729 crashing to the ground.
When the passerby, 14-year-old Michael Burkhardt, picked up the phone, the screen appeared to have cracked, much to his dismay.
He said: “I came here today to see the new Apple store, with the expectation of just taking pictures, honestly. Someone walked up to me to ask if I was going to get the new iPhone, which I wanted but I wouldn’t have been able to get it because I’m 14 and it’s out of my price range!.
“I was blown away when they said they had queued up to get a phone to give away, and that they were going to give it to me!
“When it landed on the floor it seemed like it had cracked, just like the phone I already have.”
However, all was not as it seemed – Mous had actually applied a pre-smashed glass screen protector onto the iPhone 11 before throwing it at Mr Burkhardt.
Thankfully, once this had been removed, the iPhone was completely fine, thanks to the Mous Limitless 3.0 case it had on it.
Lucy Hutchinson, co-founder of Mous, said: “This stunt gave us the opportunity to start up conversations with people around NY and really show them what our products can stand up to.”
Mous’ new range of iPhone cases are available now here .
- People have been queuing outside Apple Stores for days to buy the iPhone X
- ‘There is no real plan’: A longtime Apple Store employee says the iPhone battery replacement plan is a mess
- The executive Steve Jobs hired to develop Apple Stores says reports of a retail apocalypse are ‘ridiculous’
- Own One Of The New iPhones? Did You Smash It? Well, Apple Will Fix It For You.
- Apple’s head of design says some people ‘misuse’ iPhones — and it reveals a growing problem for Apple
- Forget the iPhone X: The iPhone 5c is still the best-looking phone Apple has ever made
- You can now take your iPhone 6 into an Apple Store to have a screen protector applied without air bubbles
- Someone is already camping out at an Apple Store — even though nothing has been announced yet
- Apple Stores are getting their biggest makeover in 15 years
- There is a robot waiting in line to get an iPhone 6S outside an Apple Store in Australia