The Tampa Bay Rays returned to the playoffs for the first time since 2013, clinching an AL wild card berth with a 6-2 win over the Toronto Blue Jays on Friday night behind Tommy Pham’s two-run homer and 4 1/3 hitless innings from Tyler Glasnow.Tampa Bay will play Oakland in the wild-card game on Wednesday night. The Rays will start Charlie Morton.At 96-64, the low-budget Rays have their most wins since 2010 and can tie the team record of 97 set in 2008, when they won their only AL pennant and lost to Philadelphia in the World Series.Tampa Bay began the night with a magic number of two to clinch, and Cleveland lost 8-2 at Washington while the Rays were in the eighth inning. Jubilant players poured out of Tampa Bay’s dugout for a celebration around the mound after right-hander Emilio Pagan retired Reese McGuire to end it.Austin Meadows also homered for the Rays, hitting his 33rd this season off Ryan Dull in the ninth.T.J. Zeuch (1-2) allowed three runs and four hits in five innings.TWINS 6, ROYALS 2KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) —Minnesota became the record fourth team in the major leagues to win 100 games this season, beating Kansas… Read full this story
- 6 Ways You Can Hire Employees Who “Do It Right The 1st Time”
- Rays rout Jays to secure American League wild card spot
- Rays beat Astros to stay alive in MLB playoffs
- Trump lets states, cities refuse refugees for 1st time in U.S.
- 1st time hosting Governor's Pheasant Opener, Walz bags a rooster
- Saudi national football team visits West Bank for 1st time
- Singapore eases monetary policy slightly for 1st time in over 3 years
- Introduction to Marketing for 1st time business owners
- 'That's probably the end of his Arsenal career': Ray Parlour believes Mesut Ozil's time is up after being left out of last THREE matchday squads... as he claims 'youngsters deserve a chance' ahead of £350,000-a-week star
- Behind the scenes at the PFL playoffs and the shortest retirement in MMA history
Rays beat Jays 6-2, back in playoffs for 1st time since 2013 have 342 words, post on www.sandiegouniontribune.com at September 27, 2019. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.