By Hà Nguyễn & Hoàng Hồ The ancient Catholic village of Kiên Lao in Nam Định Province is well known for its bronze casting. Mai Văn Tân, chairman of Xuân Tiến Village (as it is now known), says: “Bell casting has been around for more than 200 years, and there is still room to develop.” Kiên Lao Church, which was built in 1533, is one of the most beautiful catholic churches in Nam Định Province. Photo nhathoconggiao.com Village elder Lê Văn Hào says the craft was founded by Lê Văn Nghiêm, who took the art of casting the famous Đông Sơn bronze drums in Thanh Hóa to Kiên Lao. Bell casting has existed in the village for more than 200 years. Photo anninhthudo.vn To make a bronze bell, a worker first has to make a mould from clay mixed with rice husks. The mould is then fired to harden it, and while it cools workers design patterns inside before firing it again, he says. Cement mixers are also produced by Kiên Lao villagers. Photo daidoanket.vn “Kiên Lao casts are always high quality thanks to the dedicated workers. The process of polishing the statues is very important to ensure their longevity,” Khiêm says. To cast a statue, a worker needs skilled… Read full this story
- Your Best Valentine’s Day Present: A Bronze-Cast Cronut Necklace
- SAG's chief risks striking sour note
- SAG chief risks striking sour note
- Download these striking Galaxy Note 10 live wallpapers!
- French films strike musical note
- Overture begins on right note with 'Mad Money'
- Listen to this piano-playing robot hit all the right notes
- Activision's 'Hero' strikes right chord; THQ bombs
- Trump’s plan to reshuffle government strikes familiar notes
- Euro film mart strikes positive note
Bronze casting village strikes the right note have 310 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at December 22, 2019. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.