Email ABC Radio Adelaide By Malcolm Sutton Updated December 19, 2019 14:43:59 Photo: The exploration well is proposed for nearly 400 kilometres off the coastline. (ABC News: Molly Schmidt) Related Story: Equinor wins environmental approval to explore for oil in Great Australian Bight Related Story: Norwegian Parliament told oil drilling in Great Australian Bight could make Norway the enemy Map: SA A Norwegian oil company granted environmental approval to drill in some of Australia’s roughest seas has worked to ease fears about any oil leaks as it continues to clean up a spill about 17,000 kilometres away in the Bahamas. Key points:Equinor says an oil spill in the Great Australian Bite as a result of drilling was “highly unlikely”They promise to get a capping stack on location within 15 days in the event of a well blowoutA clean-up of an onshore oil spill on Grand Bahama Island is currently underway A Federal authority yesterday accepted Equinor’s environmental plan for an exploration well in the Great Australian Bight off the coast of South Australia, leaving it one step closer to drill in waters nearly 2.5 kilometres deep.The National Offshore Petroleum Safety and Environmental Management Authority made the decision despite widespread fears… Read full this story
- Army Defends its Mobile Device Security Plan
- FCC's Wheeler defends Net neutrality rules, discounts investment fears
- AT&T Defends Network, Lays Out HSPA Plans
- 9 Really Great Reasons To Add Sweet Almond Oil To Your Beauty Routine
- Nuclear Fish
- Are the great eras in Australian Test cricket over for good?
- Verizon Defends New Shared Data Plans
- Coal Dust Risk To Australia's Great Barrier Reef
- SpaceX Plans To Reuse Falcon 9 Rocket This Fall
- Obama Administration Bans Arctic Oil Drilling Through 2022 Citing Environmental Risks
Equinor defends Great Australian Bight drilling plans as fears of an oil spill continue have 289 words, post on www.abc.net.au at December 19, 2019. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.