PARIS (AP) — With the world’s two most expensive soccer players cheering him on in Paris on Friday night, Giannis Antetokounmpo took a while to entertain them. The Greek star found his rhythm late in the game and had 30 points and 12 rebounds to help the NBA-leading Milwaukee Bucks beat the Charlotte Hornets 116-103 for their eighth straight win. The first NBA regular-season game in France drew some famous faces to the Bercy Arena, among them Paris Saint-Germain stars Neymar and Kylian Mbappé — France’s World Cup-winning star. “It’s insane. The crazy part is that we’re really big fans of them and they’re big fans of the team. You never expect them to know who we are and what we do, and be fans of the Bucks,” said Antetokounmpo, the NBA MVP and PSG fan. “But it was amazing they came to the game. They came to the locker room afterwards, we exchanged jerseys, took pictures with them.” Milwaukee improved to 40-6. The Bucks have the best 46-game start in franchise history. They were 39-7 in 1970-71 when they went on to win the NBA championship. It was slow-going early on, however, for a sluggish-looking Bucks side which had… Read full this story
- 2019-20 NBA Eastern Conference preview capsules
- Transfer Talk: Juventus to swoop amid Cavani's PSG contract impasse
- Can The Rockets' Streak Reach 33?
- Shame, Guilt, and Envy - Society's Worst Woman Killers
- Walking in His Footsteps
- How to Win Bets With a Proven Bet Winning Strategy
- The Best Long Shot Bets in Horse Racing Handicapping and Betting
- NASA Just Can't Please Anyone
Antetokounmpo thrills Neymar & Mbappé as Bucks beat Hornets have 259 words, post on apnews.com at January 25, 2020. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.