British PM Boris Johnson leaves intensive care, remains in hospital Angela Merkel says that lifting social distancing measures is liable to take time The United Nations Security Council is set to hold its first meeting devoted to discussing the pandemic Global confirmed cases have passed 1.5 million and over 87,000 people have died Eurozone finance ministers agree to make €500 billion available “immediately” to stimulate the EU economy 23:59 We will be closing this live updates now. For all the very latest developments, head over to Friday’s rolling coverage. 23:40 Dr. Anthony Fauci , the top US infectious-diseases expert, said the need for hospitalization of COVID-19 cases in the country has seen a sharp decline. “At the same time as we’re seeing the increase in deaths, we’re seeing a rather dramatic decrease in the need for hospitalizations,” Fauci said. “What we are doing is working.” 22:20 In the United States, nearly 17 million Americans have lost their jobs since mid-March as a result of the economic fallout of the coronavirus pandemic. About 6.6 million people filed for unemployment benefits last week, data released by the US Labor Department showed. This is in addition to the more than 10 million in the weeks before that…. Read full this story
- Coronavirus: Fears ‘many more’ Brits infected by deadly bug as 6 treated in UK after flying in from China ‘ground zero’
- Coronavirus: Fears ‘many more’ Brits infected by deadly bug as 9 treated in UK after flying in from China ‘ground zero’
- Doctors are on standby at Heathrow to meet any sick passengers arriving from China as all 31 patients tested for coronavirus in UK are CLEARED and Border Force hunts 2,000 people who flew in from Wuhan in last two weeks
- Killer coronavirus will hit Britain 'within days': Race is on to find vaccine as UK scientists prepare to fly out to hot spots
- We need an evacuation plan now: Lib Dem leader Ed Davey says UK must prepare to bring British citizens and diplomats back from Wuhan after US sends plane to rescue 1,000 Americans trapped in coronavirus hotspot
- Airlift to save 200 Britons trapped by coronavirus: Dominic Raab draws up China evacuation plan as infection accelerates
Coronavirus latest: Boris Johnson moved out of intensive care have 351 words, post on www.dw.com at January 9, 2020. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.