With a class that ranks among the top 40 in the country, the Colorado football program is generating a good measure of excitement from its fan base on the recruiting trail. Beating Pac-12 opponents and other Power 5 programs for Caleb Fauria, Christian Gonzalez, Jason Harris, Brenden Rice, Jake Wray and others has made this a good recruiting cycle for head coach Mel Tucker and his staff. “Recruiting is the lifeblood of your organization,” Tucker said this week, repeating what many coaches around the country have said in the past, while adding that recruiting is a daily task of his staff. That daily process isn’t limited to convincing new players to join the Buffaloes, however. Some of Tucker’s biggest wins in recruiting this winter have come from within: keeping KD Nixon in a CU uniform and hanging on to his entire coaching staff. Certainly there is potential for the 2020 class to be impactful in CU’s future, but as far as the 2020 season goes, staff continuity and Nixon’s presence are huge. Nixon, who caught 35 passes for 465 yards and three touchdowns last season, initially announced his intention to declare for the NFL Draft, despite uncertainty that he’d even… Read full this story
- Mel Tucker: Buffs are “going to fight for the guys in our state” on the recruiting trail
- Mel Tucker: CU QB Steven Montez can be “a great player” for Buffs
- Mel Tucker signed the best class for a new CU Buffs coach this century, analyst says
- CU Buffs giving away T-shirt commemorating Mel Tucker’s shorts
- Stock report (special edition): Wrapping up, and breaking down, the Pac-12 football recruiting cycle
- Hotline newsletter: Expanded coverage of Pac-12 football recruiting
- What’s new with Penn State recruiting? The latest on top targets, visits, more with spring practice set to start
- Denver Sports Omelette: Will the Conor McGregor-Cowboy Cerrone UFC fight come to fruition?
- Clemson adds to offensive line haul in recruiting
- Denver Sports Omelette: Tired of winter and miss playing golf? Get your fix in at the Denver Golf Expo
Howell: Some of Mel Tucker’s biggest recruiting wins this winter have come from within have 333 words, post on www.denverpost.com at January 19, 2020. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.