Investors are demanding better disclosure of climate change risk from Indian companies which have spurred better disclosure from India Inc. CDP India saw a 13 per cent hike in the number of those, comprising Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd, who responded to climate change questionnaire between 2018 and 2019 — from 52 to 59. The findings were released in Mumbai on Monday in CDP’s annual report “Climate and Business: Partnership of The Future”. Increasing climate activism and the growing band of climate-conscious investors have ensured that almost all boards of top responding companies now have committees and members designated to addressing climate risk. A whopping 58 companies, 98 per cent of the responding sample, have board-level oversight of climate-related issues. “Scores of investors are actively engaging companies to disclose their climate risk and helping them to do better. This can only benefit the companies through green innovation and help clean up our environment,” said Damandeep Singh, CDP India Director. “The unlikely duo of world’s teenagers and investors seem to be pushing the world, we now need to pick up the pace,” he said. Top managements have integrated climate concerns in performance evaluation of key personal with nearly 90 per cent (53)… Read full this story
- Banks will not be forced to reveal climate change risks they face
- UN report on climate change: Drastic action needed to stop catastrophe
- Students worldwide are striking to demand action on climate change
- New York Sues Exxon For Misleading Investors On Climate Change Risk
- Climate Change Made Recent Hurricanes Wetter. And They May Get Worse.
- Physicist leading Trump’s ‘adversarial’ climate review also led group touting carbon emissions
- "The Bleeding Edge": Health care industry responds to documentary on medical device risks
- New climate report actually understates threat, some researchers argue
- Retired physicist leading new Trump effort to question climate threat to security
- Are We Really Running Out of Time to Stop Climate Change?
Reliance Jio to evaluate and disclose climate risk: Report have 302 words, post on www.gadgetsnow.com at January 20, 2020. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.