Bengaluru: A spin-off from a critical technology that would aid future pilots of Indian Air Force (IAF) flying the Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas with non-stop supply of oxygen while undertaking long-endurance missions is now being offered to hospitals combating coronavirus. This product to fly out from the hangars of Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) is in the form of a Medical Oxygen Plant (MOP), is an offshoot technology from the Onboard Oxygen (OBOX) generation system being developed for Tejas. The MOP technology is developed by Defence Bioengineering and Electromedical Laboratory (DEBEL), a life sciences wing of DRDO situated in Bengaluru’s C V Raman Nagar. MOP utilizes pressure swing adsorption (PSA) technique and molecular sieve technology to generate oxygen directly from atmospheric air. The OBOX technology for Tejas being developed by DEBEL has been approved by the Centre for Military Airworthiness and Certification (CEMILAC), an agency mandated to certify the products. Sources in DRDO confirm to Onmanorama that the oxygen generator components have been developed by DEBEL and the technology has been transferred to a Coimbatore-based firm. “This plant will be useful to provide oxygen supply during corona pandemic in hospitals in urban and rural areas. The installation of… Read full this story
- Updated Covid-19 boosters are expected in September. Will it be too late?
- N95 Masks vs. KN95 Masks: Which Work Best to Protect Against Covid?
- What’s Up With America’s COVID Booster Plan?
- Why Is Cancer Less Important To Cure Faster Than Covid? — Cancer Moonshot Pathways
- InnovationRx: Gates, Bezos Back Alzheimer’s Diagnostics; Plus, Biden’s Long Covid Office
- Getting back on track after Covid: What the world can learn from India
- Anti-vax activist urged followers to 'keep fighting' days before dying of Covid
- Delhi records five deaths as Covid cases cross 2,000 mark
- Doctors are taking to TikTok to offer guidance on monkeypox—and to dispel harmful myths
- Opinion: The two ways to fight monkeypox and end the stigma around it
DRDO offers spinoff tech from Tejas onboard oxygen system to hospitals fighting COVID-19 have 320 words, post on english.manoramaonline.com at April 24, 2020. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.