Hyundai Motor is working with the Seoul Metropolitan Government to boost sales of hydrogen fuel-cell electric vehicles and beef up the city’s hydrogen infrastructure.Korea’s largest automaker signed an initial agreement Wednesday with the capital city to install more hydrogen fueling stations and replace Seoul’s commercial vehicles with hydrogen-powered ones.The agreement would expand on Seoul’s original goal of supplying more than 4,000 hydrogen-powered cars and setting up more than 15 fueling stations by 2022, which the city announced during a forum in October. The company said the latest agreement does not cover the number of new vehicles or refueling stations that would be ultimately produced.Hyundai Motor also hopes to expand from its original goal of providing more hydrogen-powered choices for regular automobiles, as well as targeting the commercial vehicle market.Hydrogen has been touted by some as the next-level energy source as global authorities have been applying restrictions on the use of fossil-fuel vehicles.Hydrogen cars take longer to charge than electric vehicles but can provide longer travel distances. Some experts have pointed to the possibility of using the eco-friendly energy source in operating commercial vehicles instead of passenger ones.Hyundai Motor, which is relatively behind other global automakers in the race to develop… Read full this story
- Hyundai scoops up more ex-M talent to help build fast cars
- Hyundai goes all-in on Big Data with Verisk partnership
- Hyundai launching new fuel cell electric vehicle in early 2018
- Hyundai’s N 2025 Vision Gran Turismo is fast … and green
- Hyundai's Robocar Masters the Oh-So-Human Roundabout
- Watch out, Hellcat: Hyundai could be planning a V8-powered Genesis Coupe
- Hyundai’s luxury Genesis brand sets Tesla in its sights, plans upscale EVs
- Hyundai Capital Learns From Blackmailer 420,000 of its Customer Records Stolen
- Hyundai's Genesis brand will challenge German's elite with a BMW 3 Series rival
- Can Hydrogen Cars Become Cleaner?
Hyundai Motor pushing hydrogen in Seoul have 312 words, post on koreajoongangdaily.joins.com at April 2, 2020. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.