Unlike the disgraced 37th president, the 45th won’t get a quick pardon from his successor if he loses in November. Photo: Saul Loeb/AFP/Bachrach/Getty Images Donald Trump has a new reason to want a victory in November, if there weren’t enough already: If Joe Biden becomes president, Trump might well be exposed to prosecution for his many questionable deeds. Biden has made it official, according to Politico: Former Vice President Joe Biden vowed Thursday that, if elected to the White House in November, he would not use his new executive powers to pardon President Donald Trump of any potential crimes.The pledge from the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee came during a virtual town hall on MSNBC, when Biden was asked by a voter whether he would be willing to commit “to not pulling a President Ford” and pardoning Trump “under the pretense of healing the nation.”“Absolutely, yes. I commit,” Biden responded, adding: “It’s hands-off completely. Look, the attorney general of the United States is not the president’s lawyer. It’s the people’s lawyer.” Since Trump’s Justice Department has taken the position that the president cannot be federally indicted while in office, the question of postpresidential criminal liability has been a lively issue, as Conor Shaw observed… Read full this story
- Biden Calls for Trump’s Impeachment — ‘He Is Shooting Holes in the Constitution’
- Biden Promises To Be More Aggressive, Reportedly Scrambles To Recover Support Before Dem Debates
- Jon Summers: Democratic voters 'still need to be convinced' Biden can beat Trump
- Dem Rep. Kennedy: If We Question Hunter Biden What About Trump’s Children ?
- Donald Trump says liberals want to change Thanksgiving's name, insists he's making 'everyone rich' and slams heart attack claims by bragging about his 'gorgeous chest' during wild Florida rally
- Trump jokes about courts blocking his order to pardon turkeys
- Biden Campaign Fires Back at Trump Calling on Him To Testify: 'Not Even Richard Nixon Stooped to Undermining National Security'
- 'Trump tossed dynamite into a tinderbox': Joe Biden hits out at president over strike that killed Iranian general while Bernie Sanders warns drone attack 'puts us on the path to another war'
- 'Trump is an existential threat to America!' No more Mr. Nice Guy for Biden as he opens up direct attack on president with Iowa speech that slams him by name 76 times
- 'I have always complied with a lawful order': Joe Biden hits out at Trump and Pence and says there's 'no legal basis' for Republicans to subpoena him and son Hunter in impeachment trial
Biden Promises: No Pardon for Trump have 421 words, post on nymag.com at May 15, 2020. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.