The Chronicle’s Live Updates page documents the latest events in the coronavirus outbreak in the Bay Area, the state of California and across the U.S. with a focus on health and economic impacts. The San Francisco Chronicle’s ongoing coverage is available to subscribers. Subscribe now for full access and to support our work. Total coronavirus cases: • 81,036 in California, including 3,259 deaths. • 11,073 in the Bay Area, including 390 deaths. • More than 1.5 million in the U.S., including 90,194 deaths. The five states with the highest death tolls are New York with 28,339; New Jersey with 10,439; Massachusetts with 5,797; Michigan with 4,915; and Pennsylvania with 4,515. Click here to see a U.S. map with state-by-state death tolls and coronavirus case counts. • More than 4.7 million in the world, with more than 317,000 deaths. More than 1.7 million people have recovered. Coronavirus cases by city: For detailed maps and new city-by-city Bay Area data, check out The Chronicle’s Coronavirus Tracker. To get regular updates on our coverage, sign up for our coronavirus newsletter. Latest updates from today: 5:56 p.m. Pelosi says ‘morbidly obese’ Trump should not be taking hydroxychloroquine: House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, discussing President Trump’s… Read full this story
- Nancy Pelosi says Trump’s tweets "cheapened the presidency" — and the media encourages him
- Trump speaks to recipients of award for fighting human trafficking — live updates
- Live updates from Mark Zuckerberg’s testimony to Congress today
- Obese mother who drank four litres of Coke a day says she realised she wasn't in love with her husband after she dropped half her body weight - and is now being inundated by messages from men asking her on dates
- Impeachment updates: White House official reported Ukraine call
- DealBook Briefing: How Trump Plans to Keep China In Line on Trade
- Live: Trump, May and Macron agree Syria strike "had been a success"
- DealBook Briefing: The C.E.O.s Taking on Trump Over Immigration
- The Latest: Democrats plan vote on resolution against Trump
- Democrats will hold a full-scale vote on televised impeachment hearings like Watergate this week - and call Donald Trump's bluff on not co-operating with inquiry
Coronavirus live updates: Pelosi says ‘morbidly obese’ Trump should not be taking hydroxychloroquine have 340 words, post on www.sfchronicle.com at May 19, 2020. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.