The West Indies had originally been scheduled to play the three Tests in June but the series has been pushed back due to the novel coronavirus outbreak. More than 30,000 people have died in the United Kingdom and the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) last month decided to extend the suspension of the professional game until 1 July. “There will be no coercing players into this tour,” Grave told the BBC. “If you grow up in a country where the population might only be 60,000 or 70,000 people, to be thinking the UK has had over 30,000 deaths is a massive figure.” The ECB is hopeful of hosting the Test later this year and Grave said that while there was reason to be optimistic safety concerns had to come first. “We have to be absolutely clear it’s safe first and foremost,” he added. “The ECB have got a long way to go to get government approval to be absolutely certain that bio-secure cricket will work. “The players would be very much in a bubble. We said to the ECB we’d want four weeks of preparation before the first Test. We’re probably looking at three back-to-back Test matches.”It would be… Read full this story
- Three West Indies players decline to travel for England Test series
- Wisden Trophy Dream XI: Which England and West Indies players make the cut?
- England vs West Indies: Teams to compete for Richards-Botham Trophy in the future
- Jason Holder hopes England will tour West Indies by end of the year
- India Vs West Indies: Jermaine Blackwood becomes concussion substitute to Darren Bravo
- England vs West Indies 3rd Test: Dream11 Team Prediction, Playing XI Updates & Fantasy Cricket Tips
- England vs West Indies Live Score, 3rd Test, Day 1 Manchester: Kemar Roach Gets Rid of Dom Sibley in First Over
- England vs West Indies Live Cricket Score and Updates: ENG vs WI Live Cricket Score, 3rd Test match, Day 1 Live cricket score at Old Trafford, Manchester
- West Indies looking to host SA in September but waiting for IPL 2020 dates: CWI CEO
- England Tour of West Indies Before The End of 2020 Would Keep us Afloat Financially: Jason Holder
CWI chief says West Indies players will not be "coerced" to travel to England have 349 words, post on www.mykhel.com at May 14, 2020. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.