Brunswick DA Jackie Johnson blocked police from arresting a father and son accused of the murder of Ahmaud Arbery because one of them used to work in her office, it is claimed Brunswick District Attorney Jackie Johnson blocked police from arresting a white father and son accused of the murder of black jogger Ahmaud Arbery, 25, because she was friends with one of them, two Glynn County commissioners say. Ex-cop Gregory McMichael, 64, and his son Travis McMichael, 34, were arrested in Brunswick, Georgia, Thursday and charged with murder and aggravated assault more than two months after the death of Arbery. Officers investigating the scene of the fatal shooting on February 23 told Johnson’s office that they had cause to arrest the father and son at the time but the DA shut them down. Gregory McMichael had worked as an investigator in her office until his retirement in 2019 causing Johnson to recused herself from the case a few days after the shooting. ‘She shut them down to protect her friend McMichael,’ Glynn County Commissioner Allen Booker told The Atlanta Journal Constition. The McMichaels made their first court appearance individually Friday afternoon via a video link from inside the Glynn… Read full this story
- Roman Lopez’s Father, Stepmother Arrested In Connection With 11-Year-Old’s Death
- 'More than sufficient probable cause' in US killing of Ahmaud Arbery
- 'There's a black male running down the street.' 911 call by white ex-cop who shot and killed unarmed black jogger Ahmaud Arbery revealed as his family call his death a 'lynching' and demand 'justice'
- Lawmakers commemorate one-year anniversary of Arbery's killing
- Georgia governor moves to overhaul Civil War-era citizen's arrest law after Ahmaud Arbery case
- Memorials, lawsuit mark death anniversary of Ahmaud Arbery
- Ahmaud Arbery memorialized in Georgia a year after slaying
- Son charged with murdering his father 'sent texts from his phone to convince relatives he was alive' - before spending $5,000 on dad's credit card to buy bleach and plastic trash cans
- 12-year-old boy shot in North York Saturday has died. ‘He has to be the last child that dies for no reason,’ community vows
- Parents on trial for pouring scalding water on 5-year-old son until he died
'She shut them down': District Attorney BLOCKED arrests of her 'friend' and his son now charged with 25-year-old Ahmaud Arbery's murder, officials claim - as the pair appear in court for the first time and Trump describes shooting as 'very disturbing' have 354 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at May 8, 2020. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.