Twitter users are calling out CEO Jack Dorsey after the company refused to take down tweets by President Trump, who insinuated without evidence that MSNBC host Joe Scarborough was somehow involved in a 2001 death. advertisement Trump has tweeted repeatedly calling for a reopening of the investigation into the death of Lori Klausutis, who was an intern for Scarborough when he was in Congress. Klausutis was found to have died after a heart condition caused her to fall and hit her head while at work. Timothy Klausutis, her husband, wrote to Dorsey urging him to delete the tweets, in a letter that was published in the New York Times by opinion writer Kara Swisher, arguing that Trump “has taken something that does not belong to him — the memory of my dead wife — and perverted it for perceived political gain.” The letter also cited an apparent double standard that allows Trump to publish what other users could not. (Twitter’s official policies say that they will sometimes leave up tweets by public officials that would otherwise be taken down.) “An ordinary user like me would be banished from the platform for such a tweet but I am only asking that… Read full this story
- Beyonce's BeyGOOD pledges $6million in initiative with Twitter's Jack Dorsey to provide mental health support amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Joe Scarborough tells Donald Trump 'you seem unwell' and calls for Mike Pence to take over after president resurrects death of then Florida congressman's intern in 2001 to continue feud with MSNBC host - and wife Mika Brzezinski says 'we are not afraid'
- Joe Scarborough Calls On Donald Trump To “Take A Rest” After President Tweets Unfounded Conspiracy Theory
- Bitcoin for me is like poetry, says Jack Dorsey
- Donald Trump says Joe Biden 'should respond' to sexual assault allegations saying 'I've been falsely charged numerous times' - then compares Democratic candidate to 'horribly treated' Brett Kavanaugh
- Trump tweets support for Michigan protesters, some of whom were armed, as 2020 stress mounts
- Donald Trump claims Joe Biden is 'hiding in a basement' refusing to debate him just hours after Democratic candidate said he's willing to go head-to-head on 'Zoom, Skype, Slack or in person, anytime, anywhere'
- Could Hillary Clinton and Barak Obama Join Forces to Run Against Trump if Joe Biden Quits the Race?
- Trump Encourages Joe Biden to Say Sexual Assault Allegations Are False: 'I Guess You Could Say I'm Sticking Up For Him'
- Trump Tweets Glad to See Kim Jong Un 'Is Back and Well'
Twitter and Jack Dorsey face mounting backlash for Trump’s tweets about Joe Scarborough have 418 words, post on www.fastcompany.com at May 26, 2020. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.