The training courses include basic train operation guides, safety measures and signal locations to ensure they retain training, remember the location of over 2,500 signals on the city suburban sections. Also, the motormen are being given competency courses to update their knowledge of the working of trains in automatic signalling sections.Mumbai local trains, known as the lifeline of the city and one of the busiest and complex train systems in the country, have been suspended since March 23 due to the lockdown.While suburban railway services in the financial capital are expected to start running with limited capacity in non-containment areas during the fourth phase of lockdown, the online training courses aim to keep memories of motormen and guards refreshed. In a single working day, around 3,000 suburban trains are operated by both WR and CR on the suburban section which uses over 2,500 signals daily. Nearly 1,400 motormen/women are employed on the routes.“Not only are we instructing our staff about the various safety precautions to be taken by them and their families for the prevention of Covid-19, but we are also e-counselling them to keep their knowledge updated about train operations, includes precautions to avoid signal passing/overshooting, said a WR… Read full this story
- Tracking condors on the most luxurious train in South America
- Long Eaton residents fear for homes and jobs after HS2 bombshell
- East Kilbride MSP told improvements to the town's rail line remain on track
- Why Amazon wants to conquer India
- BUSINESS NEWS OCTOBER 9
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 8
- These are the 10 wealthiest people in Leicestershire
- Revealed: The 10 richest people in Leicestershire in 2018
- "Rugby’s new terraced streets were to become streets of sorrow"
- Is Chișinău becoming a global tech centre? A synthesis of the IT activity in Moldova
Western and Central railways launch online refresher courses for Mumbai local train motormen have 288 words, post on government.economictimes.indiatimes.com at May 17, 2020. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.