The Streets takes a disjointed, green screen-assisted trek around the neighborhood in the new video for his track with Donae’O and Greentea Peng, “I Wish You Loved You as Much as You Love Him.” Mike Skinner — the mastermind behind the Streets — crafted the video while in quarantine, noting in a statement, “This video took me six weeks to make! I learned a new skill on this lockdown.” The video finds the Streets superimposing video of himself, Donae’O and Greentea Peng performing the song in familiar scenes (homes, parks, storefronts); the aesthetic bears a distinctly choppy and collage-like feel. Adding to the immediacy of the clip, the Streets peppers the video with references to recent Black Lives Matter protests and various internet memes. “I Wish You Loved You as Much as You Loved Him” will appear on the Streets’ upcoming mixtape, None of Us Are Getting Out of This Life Alive, out July 10th via Island Records. The project marks his first since his 2011 album, Computers and Blues. “I Wish You Loved You” is the second offering off None of Us Are Getting Out of This Life Alive following “Call My Phone Thinking I’m Doing Nothing Better,” which features… Read full this story
- Ben Affleck and Ana de Armas take a stroll amid coronavirus pandemic... after making their romance Instagram official
- Ben Affleck and Ana de Armas put on a loved up display as they step out for a walk during COVID-19 self-isolation
- Pink takes the high road as she responds to cranky commenter hating on quarantine post: 'We're all feeling really scared'
- Pink lets her daughter Willow, 8, wield hair trimmer to give dad Carey Hart a dramatic new 'do while the family remains quarantined
- Sonam Kapoor Shares A Cute Video On Rhea Kapoor’s Birthday; Anil Kapoor Calls Her The Boss Of Bosses
- De Blasio reveals Trump has now sent 4,000 ventilators to New York as military builds a temporary morgue outside a hospital to deal with soaring infections and projections reveal city's death rate could double every two days
- Coronavirus Lockdown: Top 10 Motorcycle Video Reviews To Watch
- From Communist-era roots to cash cows: Poland's gaming industry takes on the world
- What We Wouldn't Give To Have Gigi Hadid's Street Lookbooks In Our Closet
- Guy de Chimay Stands Up for Love
The Streets Takes a Choppy Stroll in New ‘I Wish You Loved You as Much as You Love Him’ Video have 374 words, post on www.rollingstone.com at June 17, 2020. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.