The name of the woman who could be the country’s first female vice president may be revealed next week, as Joe Biden in Delaware on Tuesday said he is planning to select his running mate in “the first week of August.” During a Q&A with reporters, Biden would not say if he plans to meet in-person with the women he is vetting. For him and his eventual vice presidential pick to make history, Biden may have to offer voters additional reasons to be elected. Some state polls, like our recent CBS News Battleground Tracker of Michigan and Ohio, show a majority of Biden’s current support comes from people who are “mainly voting against Mr. Trump rather than for him.” Asked about this political predicament by CBS News political correspondent Ed O’Keefe, Biden expressed confidence in his current position: “Look, I am running because Trump is the president and I think our democracy is at stake, for real. And what seems to be the case is many Americans — those who don’t like me and those who do — view me as the antithesis of Trump and I believe that I am.” Biden also told O’Keefe he is “happy” Trump is holding COVID-19 press conferences… Read full this story
- 2020 Daily Trail Markers: Democrats look to oust New Jersey defector Jeff Van Drew
- 2020 Daily Trail Markers: Mike Bloomberg calls UK election a "catastrophic warning" for Democrats
- 2020 Daily Trail Markers: CBS News to co-host Democratic debate in South Carolina
- Poll finds just 42 per cent of Americans want Donald Trump booted from office as landmark impeachment week kicks off in Congress
- Democrats say impeachment case shows Trump deserves ouster
- Jill Biden Says Her Husband Is Going to Stand Up Against Bullies 'Like Donald Trump'
- Biden Says Russian Interference Wouldn’t Have Happened On His Watch. It Did
- 'Nobody's going to remember you': Meghan McCain slams White House aide who mocked her father's cancer battle while Joe Biden says the administration hit 'rock bottom' with the insult, as pressure mounts on Trump to fire her
- Biden says he doesn't want to 'demonize' wealth: 'Rich people are just as patriotic as poor people'
- Joe Biden Says No One—Including Republican Senators—Wants Their Kid to Turn Out Like Donald Trump
2020 Daily Trail Markers: Biden says many Americans "view me as the antithesis of Trump" have 372 words, post on www.cbsnews.com at July 28, 2020. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.