John Bercow is reportedly set to be the first former speaker of the House of Commons to be denied a peerage in 230 years.Despite Bercow formerly being a Conservative MP, previous Labour Party leader Jeremy Corbyn had nominated the Remainer for the honour. The move came after Prime Minister Boris Johnson — his party colleague and the last premier under which he served — broke with tradition by refusing to recommend him. Corbyn endorsed Bercow in January following the dissolution of Parliament in November 2019. The House of Lords Appointments Commission (Holac) has been working on the Dissolution Honours List for months and is reported to be releasing it this week. Sources speaking to the Daily Mail have claimed on Monday that Mr Bercow is one of three Corbyn nominees set to be rejected, along with the socialist’s former chief of staff Karie Murphy and former deputy Labour leader Tom Watson. Holac’s role is to vet nominees to the upper house to ensure “the highest standards of propriety”, and if rejected, it may be as a result of uninvestigated bullying claims against the former speaker. “He has faced a raft of allegations about bullying members of his staff — all of which he… Read full this story
- SEBASTIAN SHAKESPEARE: Speaker John Bercow withdraws application to become member of the All England Tennis Club over 'members' concerns about his Brexit outbursts'
- Brexit deal is 'within sight' as talks stretch into the night but Boris Johnson is warned one bad move could 'turn it to dust'
- Frederick Douglass Flees From Slavery and Becomes a Powerful Speaker Moving Mountains
- Solar Vs Nuclear
- Terrorist Activity Increases Before Presidential Elections
- Let's Focus on Helping Criminals Change!
- Floyd Landis Being Made an Example
- The Blueprint to Success
- The Fallacy Of Increased Life Expectancy
- SEBASTIAN SHAKESPEARE: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle snap up Desert Island star Kirsty Young to direct their Sussex Royal foundation
Anti-Brexit Bercow to Be First Former Speaker Denied Peerage in 230 Years: Report have 307 words, post on www.breitbart.com at July 29, 2020. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.