Prince Andrew’s hopes of putting the Jeffrey Epstein scandal behind him have been shattered after his close friend Ghislaine Maxwell’s arrest. The Duke of York dismissed his associations with the New York financier in a November interview with the BBC. He said it was actually Epstein’s girlfriend Maxwell he was close to, more than the convicted paedophile who died ten months ago. Get your unlimited Newsweek trial > The prince is accused of having sex with a trafficking victim in Maxwell’s London townhouse. He also says Maxwell is the reason the disgraced Epstein was invited to his daughter Princess Beatrice’s 18th birthday party. Now Andrew has seen his close friend reportedly arrested in New Hampshire sparking the prospect of a trial in which his name may come up. The duke has been engaged in a public argument with U.S. prosecutors over whether and how he will testify. Get your unlimited Newsweek trial > At a press conference in New York today, Manhattan U.S. Attorney Audrey Strauss reiterated the investigation’s desire to here from the royal. USA Today quoted, her as saying: “We would welcome Prince Andrew coming in to talk to us, we would like to have the benefit of… Read full this story
- Ghislaine Maxwell sells London property vital in Prince Andrew scandal for £1.75m
- Ghislaine Maxwell sells £1.75m home where Prince Andrew 'had sex with girl, 17'
- Jeffrey Epstein's ex-girlfriend Ghislaine Maxwell arrested by FBI
- What Ghislaine Maxwell’s Court Document Release Means For Prince Andrew And Others In Epstein’s ‘Little Black Book’
- 7 explosive allegations from Virginia Giuffre lawsuit accusing Prince Andrew of abuse
- Who is Ghislaine Maxwell? How does she link Jeffrey Epstein to Prince Andrew?
- 20 Armed Agents And Officers Took Part In Ghislaine Maxwell’s Arrest
- Jeffrey Epstein Accuser Virginia Giuffre Sues Prince Andrew For Alleged Sexual Assault When She Was A Minor
- Prince Andrew sued by Virginia Giuffre over sexual abuse claims in fresh PR blow for Queen
- Prince Andrew offered £75m for chance to ‘clear his name’ with public lie detector test
Ghislaine Maxwell Arrest Over Epstein Crimes Spells Trouble For Prince Andrew have 338 words, post on www.newsweek.com at July 2, 2020. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.