Pub bosses have revealed they are preparing to keep their doors closed on upcoming ‘Super Saturday’ despite watering-holes being allowed to open for the first time in more than three months. Landlords of some pubs are bars have raised fears they cannot operate safely this weekend, as punters prepare to flood in for their first pulled pint since draconian lockdown measures were introduced in March. It also comes as leading doctors, police and campaigners urged revellers to drink responsibly to protect emergency departments, over fears that already under-pressure medical staff may become ‘overwhelmed’ by injured drinkers. Some even fear that emergency departments could be packed with intoxicated revellers on a scale normally scene on New Year’s Eve when pubs finally reopen on July 4. While major players such JD Wetherspoon plan to reopen hundreds of its pubs across the country, with a raft of safety measures, some publicans on Tyneside have decided not to open up this weekend, saying they are not yet ready to operate safely. New rules will change the face of pubs around the country, with screens separating tables, bar staff delivering drink orders to customers and orders being made via apps. Major players such JD Wetherspoon… Read full this story
- Isle of Man braces for 'freedom weekend' blowout with crowds set to descend on island's pubs and bars after lockdown rules were lifted - as police warn revellers not too 'drink too much' and do something 'you'll regret'
- New Year lockdown looms: Boris Johnson warns over 'reality' of surging cases as ministers consider fresh squeeze on commuting and non-essential shops in England - despite claims cases will FALL over Xmas
- University demands freshers remove 'send drink' and 'f*** Boris' signs from their windows - as lawyers question whether keeping students locked in their flats is legal and culture secretary Oliver Dowden says they SHOULD be allowed home for Christmas
- Europe's second wave keeps rising as Angela Merkel warns Germans 'difficult months are ahead' and Italy considers closing schools again after both countries posted record case totals
- 'Heartbroken' editor of world's biggest Harry Potter fan site urges people to stop buying JK Rowling's books and watching her films after 'transphobia' row
- Cabinet wrangling over draconian 'quarantine hotels' rules 'goes to the wire' as ministers warn taxpayers face having to foot the bill for returning Britons who cannot pay £1,500 for a week - and it could take TWO WEEKS for system to get running
- Wish you were here? Isle of Man lifts ALL lockdown rules as pubs, schools and shops reopen with social distancing and face masks scrapped after 25-day circuit breaker - but borders remain shut
- Switzerland REFUSES to approve AstraZeneca jab and says 'new studies' are needed after France, Germany and Sweden rejected it for over-65s
- FMIA—Driving The 101 With Sean McVay: On Texting Belichick, Trusting Goff and the Plan for Super Bowl 53
- Ministers warn 'going on holiday is illegal' in new ad campaign to halt foreign travel - as Dubai influencers slurp cocktails by the pool despite travel ban starting TODAY because hotel quarantine is still 'at least a week away'
Pubs REFUSE to open on Super Saturday over safety fears as leading medics urge revellers to 'drink responsibly' amid warnings A&E's could be 'overwhelmed' have 509 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at July 1, 2020. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.