Evening view from the Riffel Lake to the Matterhorn. — Photo courtesy of Switzerland Tourism Organisation This is a day of celebration and reflection, and an occasion when we get together to highlight our unique bond and that with our friends at home and everywhere in the world, also here in Việt Nam. Like every country, historic, political, social and cultural factors all shape Switzerland’s identity. August 1 refers to a historic treaty concluded in 1291 by the three founding Cantons (provinces) of the Swiss Confederation. Over time, Switzerland has grown around this alliance, “bottom up” rather than “top down”. A federal and decentralised structure, participative democratic governance and a liberal economic environment have always been key to Switzerland’s political stability and prosperity. Cultural diversity, individual and economic freedom and effective political institutions continue to shape our national identity. These essential ingredients of our success as a nation also play an important role in our foreign policy. This is why we promote human rights, democracy and the rule of law, and support the development of inclusive and sustainable market economies around the world. Switzerland also pledges to help prevent and overcome crises, conflicts and disasters, and engage to create universal access… Read full this story
- Gateway Farm Expo tries to give ag producers an edge in challenging times
- Mariah Carey dismisses 10 Year Challenge: ‘Time is not something I acknowledge’
- Hungary accredits first ever Ambassador in Liberia
- Trump says he'll name Heather Nauert as next U.S. ambassador to the U.N.
- FTI Consulting Announces Appointment of Bob Moran and Former Congressman Bud Cramer as Co-Heads of Government Relations Offering
- HempAmericana Partners with High Times to Kick Off New CBD Marketing Campaign at the NYC Cannabis Film Festival
- South African Companies hails the Inaugural Intra-Africa Fair
- George H.W. Bush's Greatest Campaign Challenge: Revisit Newsweek's 1987 Cover Story, 'The Wimp Factor'
- Merck Foundation awarded First Lady Central African Republic to acknowledge her as a Merck More Than a Mother Ambassador
- Israel's Netanyahu hails UN Hamas vote despite defeat
Ambassador hails dynamic relations between two countries in challenging times have 341 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at August 1, 2020. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.