LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. (AP) — The last day of an NBA regular season typically sees just about every team in action, with plenty of drama surrounding down-to-the-wire playoff races and statistical titles on the line. Typical doesn’t seem to exist in 2020. The NBA’s regular season ends — sort of — Friday with just four games, none with any bearing on matchups for the first round of the playoffs that begin next week. The biggest items to be settled Friday are which teams will wear home uniforms to start the Miami-Indiana and Oklahoma City-Houston series. “Everybody’s excited about what’s at stake,” Oklahoma City guard Chris Paul said. “We’ll try to have as much of a home-court feel as possible, as far as the music and things like that, but when you get down to it I think everybody’s trying to make sure they’re going into the playoffs as healthy as possible.” ADVERTISEMENT Playoffs start Monday. All the matchups that can be set are locked in: Milwaukee-Orlando, Toronto-Brooklyn, Boston-Philadelphia and Heat-Pacers in the Eastern Conference, with the Los Angeles Clippers-Dallas, Denver-Utah and Thunder-Rockets about to face off in the Western Conference. The West No. 1-seeded Los Angeles Lakers will meet… Read full this story
- Antetokounmpo thrills Neymar & Mbappé as Bucks beat Hornets
- NBA 90201
- NBA injury report: Kyrie Irving, Stephen Curry updates, return timeline for other injured stars
- NBA injury report: Kyrie Irving, Damian Lillard updates, return timeline for other injured stars
- 2020 NBA All-Star Weekend takeaways: Buddy Hield wins 3-Point Contest against Devin Booker and Davis Bertans
- Elam Ending takes center stage in 2020 NBA All-Star Game: 'Someday it's going to be everywhere in basketball'
- Wheeler leads Team Wilson to win at WNBA All-Star Game
- Lakers' small ball, Rockets' bench units and most important lineups for Western Conference's top contenders
- Court Report: Duke's Vernon Carey still not getting enough credit; story behind BYU mascot's epic flying dunk
- It was never about this year for the Brooklyn Nets
The NBA’s regular season, at long last, is about to close have 321 words, post on www.apnews.com at August 13, 2020. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.