The Vietnamese stock market was hit strongly in Monday morning’s trade as financial stocks, especially insurers, suffered from profit-taking pressure. The benchmark VN-Index on the Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange dipped 1.34 per cent to close at 961.09 points. The VN-Index fell total 0.56 per cent last week. More than 86.7 million shares were traded on the southern bourse, worth VND1.7 trillion (US$73.4 million). Market trading condition was negative with 234 declining stocks versus 55 gainers. Financial and banking firms were the major factor that pulled the market down. Insurance companies were the worst-performing stocks as Bao Viet Holdings (BVH) lost 5.3 per cent, sending the sector index down 4.5 per cent, data on vietstock.vn showed. Securities firms and banks contributed to dragging the two sector indices down 2.3 per cent and 0.9 per cent, respectively. Other industries that also saw shares declined strongly included petroleum, food and beverage, retail, plastics and chemicals. Large-cap stocks in the VN30 basket also underperformed, pulling the large-cap index down 1.50 per cent to 882.00 points. Twenty-seven of the 30 largest stocks by market capitalisaton in the VN30 basket declined while only one advanced. On the Ha Noi Stock Exchange, the HNX-Index fell 1.09… Read full this story
- Dow Jones Futures: Will Stock Market Leadership Pass To AMD, Broadcom, Chip Sector?
- Bump Stock Ban: What Does a Bump Stock Look Like? What Happens to Bump Stocks Turned Into the ATF?
- High School Students Create Virtual Stock Market
- Bayer stock plummets after jury finds Roundup weed killers caused man’s cancer
- Grammy winners Kool & the Gang hit Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Atlantic City
- Homeowners could get hit hard by new tax deduction cap
- BIIF softball: Hit hard by Waiakea, Hilo’s first focus is improvement
- Nathan Eovaldi hit hard in Red Sox win vs. Mariners; Alex Cora calls outing ‘strange’
- Rick Porcello latest Red Sox starter to get hit hard; Mariners top Boston 10-8
- The opioid epidemic hits hard in Indian country
VN stocks plummet, insurance stocks hit hard have 325 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at August 1, 2020. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.