Kindly Share This Story:Mr Eddy Olafeso, the immediate past National Vice Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), in South-West on Sunday said ex-Gov Ayodele Fayose remained a critical voice in the party’s affair in the region. Olafeso made the clarification in Ado-Ekiti during a meeting with the party’s delegates over his Vice Chairmanship aspiration in the coming zonal Congress of the party. He was specifically addressing the Bisi Kolawole-led faction of the party, predominantly Fayose’s loyalists. It would be recalled that the party’s State congress held on Aug. 22, had produced two factional chairmen. Kolawole emerged from former Gov. Ayodele Fayose’s faction while Kehinde Odebunmi was elected from a parallel group loyal to Sen. Abiodun Olujimi. Fayose was also alleged to have declared Gov Seyi Makinde of Oyo State persona-non-grata in the state having being endorsed as the PDP leader in the South-West by Olujimi’s faction. Olafeso said Fayose should be respected for saving the party from total ruin when the ruling party allegedly plotted internal crisis to destroy it. According to him, Fayose towers above other leaders in the zone judging from his antecedents and contributions to the PDP’s electoral fortunes. READ ALSO: I’ll continue to play my… Read full this story
- Emilokan Vs Ohanifere/Peter Obi: 2023 battle for S/West escalates
- Igbo descend on Atiku over 2027/2031 presidency offer
- Anger wells up in APC over party leaders wooing Wike
- Jeremy Hunt statement RECAP: Humiliated Truss silent as Chancellor axes tax cuts
- 'My son died after a racist attack 25 years ago - I'm still having to fight for justice'
- The Tory MPs who called for Liz Truss to resign
- Liz Truss's 24 hours from hell: The inside story of the PM's failed fight for survival
- Liz Truss texted Hunt to offer him Chancellor but he thought it was a prank and ignored it
- Chancellor Jeremy Hunt will not run to be the next Prime Minister
- 'Party like it's 1997: the top 10 Tories who will be toppled'
Fayose remains PDP’s voice in South-West, says ex-Zonal Chairman Olafeso have 324 words, post on www.vanguardngr.com at September 14, 2020. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.