Thuy Xuan incense-making village, located some 7km southwest of the central city of Hue, has become a popular tourist destination. The 700-year-old craft not only offers stable income to locals but is also part of the spiritual heritage of the former imperial capital. Visitors pray at a big incense jar at the entrance of at Thien Mu Pagoda in Hue City. — VNS Photos Truong Vi Many Asian people believe that burning incense can link the living with the dead. The dead’s spirits can follow the smell of incense to appear and enjoy offerings. Hue people tend to burn incense at sunset to commemorate their ancestors. The village is situated on Huyen Tran Cong Chua Road, at the foot of Vong Canh Hill by the romantic Huong River, a must-go destination to visitors. At the entrance of the village, though you can’t see any incense, you will surely smell it. Incense with various colours dried under the sun in the village. Colourful bunches of incense dry in the sun all over the village. They look like bunches of flowers with a strong fragrance spreading everywhere. Almost everyone in the village is part of the incense making process, though they now use machines in… Read full this story
- Beijing offers dazzling sights and tastes for U.S. tourists
- Atlantic City is luring tourists who are just as interested in gourmet food as in gambling
- 'They're Making It a Tourist Attraction': Families Protest Plan to Move 9/11 Remains
- Could Trump make Slovenian cuisine popular?
- Seeing the sights in Copenhagen by bike is a wonderful, wonderful adventure
- SEE IT: Tribesmen from Papua New Guinea visit ahead of plans to build village in NYC
- Are Jersey Shore tourists headed elsewhere?
- American tourists kidnapped by gunmen in Egypt set free
- N.J. roller coaster swept into ocean by Superstorm Sandy won't remain as 'tourist attraction'
- Seaside Heights mayor weighs keeping Sandy-struck roller coaster in ocean as tourist attraction
Sights and smells of incense making village lure tourists have 328 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at September 6, 2020. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.