Google Assistant can adjust your thermostat, turn off your lights, lock your door, show you the forecast and much more with just a voice command. The voice assistant from the popular search giant launched alongside the original Google Home smart speaker in 2016. Back then, it only worked with four smart home brands. Now, it works with over 1,000 of them. The best Apple HomeKit devices for 2020 | The best Alexa devices for 2020 For more like this Subscribe to the Smart Home newsletter, receive notifications and see related stories on CNET. Thanks to all of those options, building a smart home around Google Assistant makes sense. Devices like a smart speaker or a smart display will help you tangle with fewer apps and give your family a control point without needing to access your mobile device. Picking between Google Assistant and Amazon’s virtual assistant Alexa comes down to splitting hairs and personal preference. If you’d prefer an Alexa app centered smart home, there are plenty of devices that work well with Amazon’s assistant including Android phones. Apple’s HomeKit platform isn’t as robust as far as number of products, but if you love your iPhone and the built-in assistant Siri, check out our… Read full this story
- Google Pixel 3a offers some of the best Google features for less
- All the key announcements from Google’s I/O developer conference
- Google ‘sorry’ for hiding SECRET microphone in home camera – and says it ‘forgot’ to tell everyone
- Google hid microphones in Nest alarm systems
- 16 Best gadgets for men, starting from just £6
- Best Google Home deals for 2019
- iPhone to get Google’s ‘robot caller’ that can phone restaurants to book a table using creepy human voice
- The 7 things Google needs to do to create the 'Netflix of gaming'
- GDC 2019: The 7 things Google Yeti needs to do to create the 'Netflix of gaming'
- How some Spotify customers can claim a free Google Home Mini
The best Nest and Google Assistant devices in 2020 have 316 words, post on www.cnet.com at September 3, 2020. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.