BBL 2019-20 by Cricbuzz Staff • Published on ShareTweet Glenn Maxwell struck an unbeaten 83 off 45 balls © Getty Glenn Maxwell continued his fine form in the BBL as he expertly steered a chase of 169 against Melbourne Renegades on Friday (January 10), subjecting the opposition to eight defeats from eight games. Maxwell had help from Nick Larkin who was an obedient silent partner in a 100-plus stand, watching in admiration as did the crowd at the Docklands Stadium who turned up in droves for the Melbourne Derby, at the end of which the Melbourne Stars solidified their position at the top of the table. It wasn’t Maxwell in his destructive avatar to begin with. That came later. But, if anything, he was even more dangerous in restraint – maintaining control of proceedings right through. A chip shot back over left-arm spinner Samit Patel for a couple of runs in the early half of his innings exemplified as much. The Stars were in a bit of a fix at 54/3, having just lost Hilton Cartwright in the seventh over. So Maxwell, upon arriving, took his time to assess things. He was happy to leave close to a 100 for… Read full this story
- Kristen Stewart and Stella Maxwell Are Sort of Living Together Now
- Is There Any Such Thing as a Dangerous Sex Position?
- Shiny New Shelby GT350R-C Has GT40-Inspired Stripes, Pole Position
- Pandora to acquire key assets from Rdio in move to strengthen position
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' positive vibes slipping online
- The NASCAR All-Star Race Was A Gigantic Mess
- Ask an Expert: All About Utilizing Positivity in the Workplace
- Artist pays tribute to 'Star Wars' with paper and scalpel
- This Is The First Positive Identification Of A Known Droid In The
- As Cheryl Cole wades into the gay marriage debate, why pop stars should stay well away from politics
Maxwell blitz strengthens Stars' position at top have 311 words, post on www.cricbuzz.com at October 10, 2020. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.