In less than a month, the nation will be voting for the next president of the United States. With a sky-high unemployment rate, exacerbated racial tensions, a continued decline in trust of governmental institutions, climate change, and of course a worsening public health crisis, this election has been touted as one of the most important in American history.Everyone from influencers to celebrities to private companies has been encouraging their followers to vote with more energy than ever before. Organizations like Headcount and Rock the Vote continue to use celebrities like Ariana Grande and Becky G to get out the vote. And while those organizations have taken a more traditional approach, others are going more fun — and unexpected — routes to compel voters to cast their ballots. Barack Obama stepped into the Shade Room, strippers from Atlanta’s iconic Magic City strip club launched a campaign to “Get Your Booty to the Poll,” and LeBron James’s “We Got Next” initiative has successfully registered thousands of poll workers to help out in Black districts on Election Day. Still, some people have decided to opt out of voting in the upcoming election altogether because of their frustrations with both the candidates running and… Read full this story
- Claudia Winkleman's divisive remainer Brexit jibe at People's Vote march: 'Loads of us!'
- Candace Owens says Americans "most overprivileged people" amid voting line complaints
- Getting people to vote in the NT can be a logistical nightmare, but change is in the air
- FCC seeks $5M fine for robocalls telling Black people that voting helps “the man”
- Shielding ends today: New rules for 3.8million people in England explained
- EXPLAINER: Details of the final version of Texas voting bill
- EXPLAINER: How a new GOP law in Texas makes voting harder
- An Expert Explains: Why isn’t the BJP keen on a caste-based census?
- Voting While Disabled Is About to Get Harder
- Activists gear up for voting rights march to mark King anniversary
People Who Aren’t Voting Explain Why have 319 words, post on www.buzzfeednews.com at October 27, 2020. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.