Devika Vaidya, the leg-spinning all-rounder, and Sneh Rana, the off-spinner, have been named as the captains of India A and India B sides for the upcoming Women’s Quadrangular T20 Series, also consisting of Bangladesh and Thailand.
Vaidya has played nine ODIs and one T20I while Rana has represented the country in seven ODIs and five T20Is. Priya Punia, who has composed a couple of ODI fifties in her short career so far, and Madhuri Mehta, who played her only ODI back in 2012, are some of the other members of India A’s set-up. Meanwhile. Nuzhat Parween, the wicketkeeper-bat, is a part of India B’s squad.
The tournament is scheduled to commence on 16th January and all the matches will be played in Patna.
India A: Devika Vaidya (c), Priya Punia, Jincy George, Madhuri Mehta, Richa Ghosh, Sushri Dibyadarshini, Komal Zanzad, Manali Dakshini, Meghna Singh, Nikita Chauhan, Bharti Fulmali, R Kalpana (WK), Rashi Kanojia, Renuka Singh, Jasia Akhtar
India B:Sneh Rana (c), Yastika Bhatia, Nuzhat Parween (WK), S Meghana, Tejal Hasabnis, Vrushali Bhagat, Minnu Mani, Monica Patel, Shrayosi Aich, Anjali Sarvani, Simran Dil Bahadhur, Tanuja Kanwar, Kshama Singh, Nupur Kohale, Tanushree Sarkar
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- India Vs West Indies: Major stats and records between the two teams in Tests
- Hockey Olympic Qualifiers: Gurjit Kaur Brace Leads Indian Women to Crushing 5-1 Win Over USA
- '35% of India's population is under 15!'
- Hormonal Changes that Trigger Depression in Women
- India, China Should Join Forces in Space to Reach New Advances as Russia, Washington Did - US Expert
- Exporters, industry laud India’s decision to pull out of RCEP
- UK panel debates situation in Kashmir, calls for India-Pakistan dialogue
- India women vs England women, 2nd T20I Preview: Where to watch, timing, probable XI
- India still fastest growing economy, says Sitharaman amidst IMF's low projection
- ‘Taking Equality Seriously’: Two Men in India Get ‘Pregnancy Test’ Prescription for Stomach Ache