Video PlayerClose KHARTOUM, Nov. 21 (Xinhua) — Sudan has decided not to participate in a ministerial meeting slated for Saturday regarding the Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam (GERD). “Sudan has decided not to participate in the ministerial meeting regarding the GERD, which was scheduled to be convened on Saturday afternoon,” said Sudan’s Irrigation and Water Resources Ministry in a statement on Saturday. According to the statement, Sudan’s Irrigation and Water Minister Yasir Abbas has sent a message to his Ethiopian counterpart Seleshi Bekele, reiterating Sudan’s demand for a bigger role of the experts of the African Union in to facilitating the negotiations and narrowing the gap among the three parties. “The adopted negotiating method during the past rounds has proved ineffective,” Abbas was quoted in the statement as saying. He noted Sudan’s adherence to the negotiation process under the African Union to reach a binding and satisfactory legal agreement pursuant to the principle of “African solutions for African issues.” On Thursday, ministers of foreign affairs and irrigation of Sudan, Egypt and Ethiopia held a video meeting to review means of resuming the talks over the outstanding issues relating to the GERD. The Sudanese negotiators believe that the GERD talks should go… Read full this story
- Malaysia, Australia, China to decide on next steps in missing jet search
- McKee missed most Wausau School meetings
- Problem arises with VVWD closed meeting
- NJ Transit 'in great peril,' won't meet safety system deadline, former official says
- Disability benefits: Who decides if you’re disabled?
- Former Irish Republican Army commander Martin McGuinness to meet Queen Elizabeth II
- Slain DOC officer's widow won't meet with governor
- Obama pushes for end to crippling crisis in South Sudan during first presidential visit to Ethiopia
- GREAT PEOPLE: Blogger Liz Gumbinner and a group of American moms trek to Ethiopia on a learning expedition
- UN ups troop level after mass graves with 34 bodies found in South Sudan
Sudan decides not to participate in ministerial meeting over Ethiopia's Nile Dam have 323 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at November 22, 2020. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.