California Attorney General Xavier BecerraXavier BecerraBiden picks infectious diseases specialist to lead CDC: report Biden to name California AG Becerra as HHS secretary Hispanic leaders coalesce in support of Lujan Grisham as HHS secretary MORE would be taking over the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) as secretary amid the worst pandemic in a century if confirmed by the Senate, but it’s his work on defending the Affordable Care Act from Trump administration attacks that may have won him the role. As California attorney general, Becerra helped lead the legal fight to protect the health care law from a Trump-backed lawsuit against it. He also led a whole slew of lawsuits against the Trump administration’s regulatory changes to ObamaCare and abortion policy.If confirmed as President-elect Joe BidenJoe BidenDozens of protesters gathered outside home of Michigan elections chief Biden picks infectious diseases specialist to lead CDC: report Trump election claims dominate Georgia Senate debate MORE’s top health official, Becerra, 62, would have a chance to dismantle the changes the Trump administration has made to the law from the inside. ADVERTISEMENTHe’d also be able to look for regulatory ways to further Biden’s health agenda without Congress, especially if Republicans control the… Read full this story
- The Race Is On To Replace Health Secretary Tom Price
- Why a second supreme court pick for Trump is liberals' worst nightmare
- Biden campaign slams Warren's health care transition plan: It's full of 'flips and twists'
- Trump's health 'very good' after unscheduled physical exam
- Poll: Biden, Sanders lead Trump in Iowa
- Senate confirms Alex Azar as new Health and Human Services secretary
- Chad Wolf to be new acting secretary of Homeland Security
- Trump advances health-care price rules to boost transparency
- Biden has ‘no problem’ with Bloomberg running for president
- Trump ousting Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, to be replaced by CIA Director Mike Pompeo
Biden picks thorn in Trump's side as new health secretary have 304 words, post on thehill.com at December 7, 2020. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.