Video PlayerClose BEIJING, Dec. 2 (Xinhua) — China will intensify domestic efforts for the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) to take effect and get implemented, so as to uphold free trade and expand win-win cooperation, the State Council executive meeting decided Tuesday. The RCEP, recently inked at the leaders’ meetings on East Asian cooperation, is of great significance for participating countries to jointly tackle the uncertainties in the international landscape, increase intra-regional trade, stabilize industrial and supply chains, enhance people’s well-being and facilitate China’s high-level opening-up, according to the meeting chaired by Premier Li Keqiang. “The RCEP, as the world’s largest free trade agreement, brings benefits to all participating countries and serves as the most effective way to guard against uncertainties,” Li said. The Tuesday meeting required competent departments to fulfill due responsibilities in specifying task division and time frames in accordance with the agreement, and accelerating domestic ratification procedures. Openness will be stepped up in areas including trade in goods, trade in services, investment and flow of natural persons, and higher standards will be applied in terms of trade and investment liberalization and facilitation, intellectual property rights protection, trade remedy, e-commerce, government procurement, small and medium-sized enterprises, and economic… Read full this story
- China says will step up fiscal spending this year to support economy
- Experts accuse U.S. of using Xinjiang to interfere in China's domestic affairs
- After a hiatus, China accelerates cyberspying efforts to obtain U.S. technology
- China tells domestic online financial info providers to keep 'economic order'
- China to take steps to promote jobs amid trade dispute with US
- China likely to step up militarisation in South China Sea: US intelligence report
- China takes baby steps in the bottom of the Mariana Trench
- China’s Huawei steps up charm offensive, rejects security fears
- China is confronting new US hostility. But is it ready for the fight?
- China to ensure achievement of annual growth target despite trade war: State planner
China to accelerate domestic steps for RCEP implementation have 329 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at December 3, 2020. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.