The faintest tickle of the outside edge of the bat (so faint that it wasn’t even captured on the infrared imaging system) ended not just Virat Kohli’s blossoming innings on Wednesday but also a blossoming career-streak. As he returned to the Canberra pavilion, grim-faced at being dismissed for 63 runs, Kohli was in fact walking away from his first calendar year without scoring an ODI century since his debut season.It, then, took a combination of a pandemic-shortened cricket season and sustained excellence from Australia’s Josh Hazlewood to narrowly stop Kohli from doing what he does best and not extend his streak to a twelfth year. Twice this year Kohli got to a score of 89, in Bengaluru in January and Sydney last week, and on both occasions, it was Hazlewood who stalled him from getting any further. Hazlewood has now dismissed Kohli in every match this series and across four consecutive India-Australia matches over all.Kohli and India played just nine ODIs in 2020 – six of them against Australia and three in and against New Zealand. He still smacked five half-centuries in that period and averaged 47.9 this year, extraordinary numbers by even the loftiest standard. But because the three-digit… Read full this story
- Embroidery Machine
- Tamiflu - How Can Tamiflu Protect Me from the Upcoming Flu Pandemic?
- A Daydream, A Tool Chest And A Blue Shed (Or Making A Chair Without Electricity Or Machine Tools)
- Tamiflu - How Does Tamiflu Compare To Other Anti Flu Medications?
- An Open Letter To A Dying Planet
- Time After Time Movie Review - Starring Malcolm McDowell, Mary Steenburgen, and David Warner
- Bird Flu: A Global Outbreak, A Global Concern
- Days of Darkness (AD 535-AD 546)
- History of Cotton Candy
- What On Earth Is Going On Here?
How it took a pandemic to stop century machine Virat Kohli have 287 words, post on m.hindustantimes.com at December 3, 2020. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.