Facepalm: Tesla CEO Elon Musk gets quite a lot of attention on social media — much of it is positive, but a fair portion of it is rather critical. To stem the tide of complaints Musk receives on any given day, Tesla will be hiring dedicated employees who will (among other tasks) “address social media escalations directed at the CEO,” and respond to them with “critical thinking.” It’s rather unusual for a company to hire workers specifically for a purpose like this, but then again, Tesla is an unusual company with an eccentric CEO. Perhaps that sort of environment demands a different approach to customer service (though Tesla does, of course, still have its own full support department). This news comes courtesy of a job listing published on Tesla’s official website. The position is remote but full-time, and those approved for it will be formally known as “Energy Customer Support Specialists.” The job comes with full benefits, and the requirements are surprisingly lax — aside from the usual “team player spirit” qualifications every company asks for, you’ll only need a year of call center experience (or “equivalent”) to meet Tesla’s standards. The job listing makes it clear that “professionalism” will… Read full this story
- Elon Musk: Tesla can help fix Puerto Rico's ruined electrical grid
- Tesla employee's lawsuit levels sexism accusations
- Tesla petitions to sell its all-electric Model S sedan direct to car buyers
- Hyperloop race gets crowded with new entrant Arrivo and maybe Musk
- 127 companies now support brief opposing Trump ban
- Apple, Facebook, Google CEOs urge support for Paris climate agreement
- Microsoft, Uber, Apple, Google: How the tech world responded to Trump's immigration ban
- The electric car’s ‘green’ enemies
- Who's on and off Trump's manufacturing council? Here's the list.
- Manufacturing group leader with Hoosier ties among those to quit Trump's job council
Tesla is hiring dedicated support workers to handle angry tweets directed at Elon Musk have 299 words, post on www.techspot.com at January 19, 2021. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.