Video PlayerClose WASHINGTON, Jan. 13 (Xinhua) — The U.S. House convened Wednesday to discuss the article of impeachment against President Donald Trump, with a vote expected later on the same day. In a sign of heightened security, National Guard members assembled in the Capitol building in the morning, some tidying up their equipment while others lying on the floor of the Capitol Visitor’s Center to take a little rest. An hour before the chamber gaveled into session at 9:00 a.m. ET (1400 GMT), Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Twitter called for Trump’s immediate removal from office, saying the president’s “incitement of a deadly insurrection against the U.S. Capitol is without precedent in our nation’s history and an egregious violation of his oath of office.” “Fulfilling our oath to defend our Constitution requires that we act to remove him from office immediately,” the California Democrat said, tweeting via her “political account,” which has fewer followers than the one verifying her as Speaker of the House. The single article of impeachment to be voted today charged the president with “incitement of insurrection” over his role in last week’s riot at the U.S. Capitol, where a mob of his supporters breached the Capitol building,… Read full this story
- #Chance2018: Can We Just Impeach Donald Trump and Make Chance the Rapper President Already?
- Trump Draws Laughs at Gridiron Dinner, But He Remains the Real Joke
- Now Devin Nunes Is Threatening Jeff Sessions with Contempt Charges
- GOP Senator Thinks Trump Probably Shouldn't Have the Nuclear Codes but Can Still Stay President, Why Not
- Report: Trump's Dumb Tweets Could Finally Add Up to Big Trouble
- Trump took what could have been the biggest victory of his presidency and turned it into a reality-TV spectacle about himself
- Ryan opposes Rosenstein impeachment, likely dooming it
- Ryan opposes Rosenstein impeachment, dooming it for now
- 'No One Is Above The Law': Thousands March In NYC To Protest Trump's New Acting Attorney General
- I'm 100% certain this is the way Trump's presidency will end
U.S. House starts session on Trump impeachment have 340 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at January 14, 2021. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.