After witnessing several records and milestones in the past, the newly-built Motera is all set to host another enthralling game of cricket when India take on England in the third Test. Before the start of the match, Union Home Minister Amit Shah on Wednesday expressed his desire as he wishes to see Cheteshwar Pujara score a double century and guide India to a memorable victory against England in the pink-ball Test at the Narendra Modi Stadium. "This stadium is very memorable for Javagal Srinath. He took six wickets against South Africa, on the same ground, Kapil Dev broke Richard's Hadlee tally of wickets. On this same ground, Sunil Gavaskar achieved the milestone of 10,000 runs. On this same ground, Sachin Tendulkar achieved the 18,000 ODI runs and he completed his 20 years in international cricket here. I wish Pujara scores double century here and he helps India to win against England," said Amit Shah during the inauguration ceremony of the Narendra Modi Stadium. When Pujara last played against England in Ahmedabad, he had gone on to score a double century and Amit Shah now wishes to see the right-handed batsman achieve the same feat again. President Ram Nath Kovind on… Read full this story
- Cheteshwar Pujara reveals the biggest lesson Rahul Dravid taught him
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi is a year into his second term. He's still the only game in town for India
- Cheteshwar Pujara: 'Rahul Dravid taught me there is life beyond cricket'
- How Centre, nudged by PM Modi, made a case for Rath Yatra in Supreme Court
- Rahane still good at number 5 in Tests as Rahul needs to score lot of runs: Manjrekar
- Jimmy Anderson fireworks help England thrash India in second Test
- COVID-19 in India: Nobody is really in control
- India women vs England women: Mithali and company win ODI series with ease
- India sees highest spike of 2,003 COVID-19 deaths
- Happy Birthday MS Dhoni: Five times MSD stunned fans with bold decisions that won India matches
Amit Shah Wants Cheteshwar Pujara to Score Double Century And Help India Beat England in Pink-Ball Test at Narendra Modi Stadium have 322 words, post on www.cricketcountry.com at February 24, 2021. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.