Prince Harry is said to be 'upset' after the Queen agreed he should be stripped of his honorary military titles and patronages, reports say. It comes amid concern they could be used by TV bosses to promote his Netflix documentaries and talk show appearances in the US. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are expected to lose all the official positions they kept after stepping down as working royals last year, The Sun reports. This would include Harry's beloved title as captain general of the Royal Marines, and potentially his patronages with the Rugby Football Union, Rugby Football League and the London Marathon, according to the Daily Mail. Meanwhile Meghan, 39, would have to step down as patron of the National Theatre, which the Queen had previously been for 45 years. It is understood the decision to strip the couple of their last remaining royal titles is not being done as a retaliation to a 'tell-all' interview with Oprah Winfrey . Meghan is expected to be the focus of the interview with Oprah, who is a close friend and attended their wedding in 2018. Harry is expected to appear at the end to talk about his family and new life,… Read full this story
- The royal family is 'looking over its shoulder' at Prince Harry and Meghan Markle after $150 million Netflix deal in the hope the Sussexes will 'stick to their pledge to uphold the values of the Queen', claims royal expert
- Prince William 'didn't speak to Harry for two months after Megxit plans went online'
- Most shocking royal scandals as Meghan Markle and Harry quit - from toe sucking to nudity
- Prince Philip 'walked away' from Meghan Markle and Harry after 'shock of Megxit'
- Prince Harry and Prince William May Not Reconcile, Says Royal Biographer
- Secrets of the royal wedding: An emergency cake, spare bouquet and the one thing that Meghan will definitely carry
- Exorbitant ‘Ego Trip’: Netizens Riled as Prince Harry, Meghan Markle's Official Travel Bill Revealed
- Queen to come out of lockdown and get back to work at Buckingham Palace next month
- How Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's are running up '£4m a year' security bill: Couple face huge costs for new life ... as they hire 'ex-SAS' guards and take on new chief of staff who worked for Melinda Gates
- Why are Prince Harry and Meghan Markle blowing £8m on a Santa Barbara mansion when they still owe the British taxpayer £2.4m for Frogmore Cottage? Royal insiders say Prince Charles 'provided funding' for new family home among Hollywood's 'wokerati'
Harry ‘upset’ as Queen ‘backs royal patronage removal’ after Oprah interview have 416 words, post on metro.co.uk at February 17, 2021. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.