WHEN Ronald DeFeo Jr finally confessed to cops, he said of his spree: “Once I started, I just couldn’t stop”. In the dead of night, he murdered his family, including both parents and four younger siblings – evidence suggests his mother and 13-year-old sister Allison were awake when he turned his gun on them. The 1974 massacre in Amityville, Long Island, horrified America and saw DeFeo jailed for life . But the story of the house where the killings took place, on 112 Ocean Avenue, has become the stuff of legend because of chilling paranormal claims made about it. George and Kathy Lutz moved into the Dutch Colonial home with their three kids a year after the massacre, but famously fled 28 days later without their possessions because they’d been so traumatised by hauntings in the house – which included claims of slime oozing from the walls and a priest’s hands bleeding after attempting to bless the property. Their account of what they went through was made into a book called The Amityville Horror: A True Story which has been repeatedly adapted into several terrifying Hollywood films. The nightmarish account of DeFeo’s murders and the Lutz’s supernatural ordeal are being… Read full this story
- The most disturbing and depraved horror films of 2017, ranked
- The Walking Dead: “Live Bait”
- The Nerd's Watch: Best Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror Streaming in January
- Terrifying urban legends which turned out to be true - from Candyman to Charlie No-Face
- The Nerd's Watch: Best Sci-Fi, Fantasy, and Horror Streaming in June
- Elliot Rodger Shooting: Family 'In Shock'
- 34 people reveal their biggest first date horror stories — prepare to cringe
- 24 Streaming Horror Movies for a Truly Creepy Halloween
- Celebrity deaths 2021: Stars we’ve lost including Sean Lock and Una Stubbs
- We watched all eight Halloween movies so you don't have to
Ronald DeFeo Jr. dead: The true story of the Amityville Horror killer who slaughtered his family as they slept have 295 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at March 16, 2021. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.